Saturday, March 01, 2008

PaLoReaMo?

Rob Mackenzie has thrown down a gauntlet: to read Paradise Lost with him this month. "Paradise Lost in a month?" I hear you ask, as you fall off your chair in disbelief. It seems so. I will be joining him, although I guarantee I'll fall behind his exacting and somewhat artificial schedule, which apparently works out at about 300 lines a day! There's an online study guide here, although I haven't the faintest whether it's any good.

Much more manageable is the latest incarnation of Rob's manuscript collection, which I read a couple of weeks ago. There are some really cracking poems in it, I have to say, and it's certainly a stronger book than when I last saw it. I enjoyed reading it so much I could hardly put it down. He just gets better and better, so somebody should snap him up. (Any publishers listening?)

No comments:

What's New on Tonguefire